The pedagogy for technology enabled education over last few decades have been influenced by behaviorist, cognitive, and constructivist theories. These theories are debated vigorously by the educational scientists. While the debate is extremely important for the paradigm shift, the need for a framework for instructional designers seeking meaningful incorporation of technology is necessary. With the infusion of new technological methods to deliver education on-line there is an acute need for reinvention of the pedagogical framework.
This CD-ROM is designed to accompany James Fay’s “Introduction to Fluid Mechanics”. An enhanced hypermedia version of the textbook, it offers a number of ways to explore the fluid mechanics domain. These include a complete hypertext version of the original book, physical-experiment video clips, excerpts from external references, audio annotations, coloured graphics, review questions, and progressive hints for solving problems. Throughout, the authors provide guidance in navigating the typed links so that students do not get lost in the learning process.
- , Sonwalkar, N., Owen, B. “How Adaptive Learning Technology can Help Transform US STEM Education,” Edudemic, April 22, 2015
- , Sonwalkar, N., “Cloud-based Adaptive Learning,” Encyclopedia of Online Learning, Sage Publishing, NY
- , Sonwalkar, N., “MOOCs FORUM, ” Editor-in-Chief, Preview Issue
- , Sonwalkar, N., “The First Adaptive MOOC: A Case Study on Pedagogial Framework and Scalable Cloud Architecture,” MOOCs Forum
- , Sonwalkar, N., “Type Justified,” In Encyclopedia of Multimedia Technology and Networking Vol II., Pagani, M. (Eds), Harshey, PA, IGI Global Publishing, with Szabados, A.,
- , Sonwalkar, N., “Advanced Wireless Education Systems (AWES): An Application for Just-in-Time Biosecurity,” Poster paper presented at Biosecurity 2003 Conference, October 20-22, Washington DC, with Briggs, S., Dandage, R., and Sharma, M.
- , Sonwalkar, N., “Enhanced Interactive Teaching with Wireless Devices; The Next Generation Wireless Classroom,” Syllabus, Summer conferences proceeding, with Dandage, R.
- , Sonwalkar, N., “Optimizing Individual Learning Performance with Multi-dimensional Evaluations and Adaptive Systems,” Proceedings – NASA/CP-2003-212437, Compiled by A. Noor
- , Sonwalkar, N., “Demystifying Learning Technology Standards-II,” Syllabus,
- , Sonwalkar, N., “Demystifying Learning Technology Standards-I,” Syllabus, pp. 26-29
- , Sonwalkar, N., “A New Methodology for Evaluation: The Pedagogical Rating of Online Courses,” Syllabus, pp. 18-21
- , Sonwalkar, N., “The Sharp Edge of the Cube: Pedagogically Driven Instructional Design for Online Education,” Syllabus, pp. 12-16
- , Sonwalkar, N., “Changing the Interface of Education with Revolutionary Learning Technologies,” published as the Cover Story of Syllabus, pp. 10-13
- , Sonwalkar, N., “A Comparison of Web-based and Laboratory Learning Environments,” Proceedings of the American Society of Engineering Education Annual Conference, with Burrell, B., Wiggins, R.J.N., Kutney, M.C., Dalzell, W. and Colton, C.K.
- , Sonwalkar, N., “Distance Learning: The Killer Application for the Internet Economy,” TiECON-Atlantic 99 Oct. 30-31, Boston
- , Sonwalkar, N., appointed as Judge in the Department of Defense Shootout on Learning Management Technologies, “From the Trenches: Distributed Learning is High Priority,” PCWeek, Nov. 15, 1999, http://www.znet.com/pcweek/stories/news/
- , Sonwalkar, N., “Formative Evaluation of Chemical Hygiene Course,” HTF Report, 1999-2, with Wiggins, R.J.N.
- , Sonwalkar, N., “Asynchronous Learning with Hypermedia: Case studies in Engineering Education,” HTF Research Report, MIT 1998-3, with A. Sampere, D. Rodriguez and M. Kashambuzi,
- , Sonwalkar, N., “RIPE: Rapid Instruction Production Environment,” ALN Magazine, Vol 2, with B. McHenry
- , Sonwalkar, N., “Desktop Learning in 21st Century and Beyond,” The MIT Report, Vol. XXVI, No. 6
- , Sonwalkar, N., “Desktop Learning: Innovative Communication Concepts for International Training,” CAD Users Conference, Munich, with M. Zapka
- , Sonwalkar, N., “An Integrated Approach for Engineering Education: Hypermedia Instruction and Teaching Environment (HITE),” Proceedings of Advanced Technology for Engineering Education, NASA Langley, Jan 24-26, 1998
- , Sonwalkar, N., “Hypermedia in Education: A Case Study,” HTF Report, MIT, with Andrew Sempere and David Rodriguez
- , Sonwalkar, N., “Hypermedia teaching Facility: Changing the Interface of Higher Education,” The MIT Report, Vol. XXIV, No. 9
- , Sonwalkar, N., “Statistical Analysis of Hypermedia Teaching Facility Usage: Spring-1997,” HTF Report, MIT
- , Sonwalkar, N., “Hypermedia Engineering Curricula: Pedagogical Desirability and Technical Viability Demonstration,” Proceedings of ASME Fluids Engineering Division Summer meeting 94, Lake Tahoe NV, June 19-23, with Patera, A.
- , Sonwalkar, N., “Hypermedia for Engineering Education,” Proceedings of Hypertext 93, November 14-18, Seattle, Washington, MIT, with Patera, A. T., Dynes, S., Wilson, D., Blanco, E., Rutledge, G., and Vander Sande, J. B.
- , Sonwalkar, N., “Designing for Quality and Measuring Quality in Online Learning,” USDLA Research Report prepared for Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, with Flores, J.G. and Gardner, M.
- , Sonwalkar, N., “The Paradigm Shift for Adult Education: From Educational Slavery to Learning Freedom of Human Brain with Synaptic Learning,” in Online Education and Adult Learning: New Frontiers for Teaching Practice, Eds. Terry Kidd,IGI Global Publishing, Hershey, PA
- , Sonwalkar, N., “Adaptive Individualization: The Next Generation of Online Educational Systems,” New Horizons, Volume 16, No. 1, pp 44-47
- , Sonwalkar, N., “Adaptive Learning: A Dynamic Methodology for Effective Online Learning,” Distance Learning, Volume 4, Number 1
- , Sonwalkar, N., “Technology for Adaptive Learning: From One Size-Fits-All to Adaptive Individualization,” Educause Center for Applied Research (ECAR), Research Bulletin, Volume 2005, Issue 7
- , Sonwalkar, N., “Changing the Interface of Education with Revolutionary Learning Technologies,” iUniverse, New York — Book
- , Sonwalkar, N., “A Fluid Mechanics Hypercourse,” MIT Press, Book/CD-ROM, with J.A. Fay